|13-04-2009, 04:27 PM||#1|
| || |
1. Go to Start button Run
2. Type "msconfig", without quotations
3. Hit enter key or click the OK button
4. A System Configuration Utility window will show up
5. Click the Startup tab
6. In the Startup tab you will see several boxes and some of them
will selected (checked). All you have to do is to uncheck
extra items that are of no use. If you run an antivirus
program it is not recommended to uncheck it.
7. After making you choices press the OK button, you will be
prompted to restart computer to apply changes.
8. After restarting your computer a dialogue will be displayed.
You can check the option for not showing this dialogue every
time your PC reboots.
XP Speed Secret #2: Remove Spyware, Adware,
Have you scanned your system for spyware, adware and other
unwanted pests? 1 of 6 computers has some sort of Spyware or
Malware! They dramatically slow down your computer because they
use resources to generate popup ads, send spam, and often
interfere with the operation of good programs.
If you haven’t scanned recently, we recommend a free scan from a
good anti-spyware program. We prefer to use stand-alone, high
quality anti-spyware programs like XoftSpy Pro, which give us the
ability to scan and repair these problems in seconds.
FINAL NOTE: Recent testing has shown that stand-alone programs
do a much better job than the “all-in-one” packages (eg. Norton
Internet Security) at detecting spyware, adware, and malware.
XP Speed Secret #3: Optimize Display Settings
1. Click the Start button
2. Select Control Panel
3. Double-click the System icon
4. Click the Advanced tab
5. In the Performance box click Settings
6. Leave only the following ticked:
a. Show shadows under menus
b. Show shadows under mouse pointer
c. Show translucent selection rectangle
d. Use drop shadows for icons labels on the desktop
e. Use visual styles on windows and buttons
7. Finally, click Apply and OK
XP Speed Secret #4: Speed-Up File Browsing
1. Double-click on My Computer
2. Click the Tools menu
3. Select Folder Options
4. Click on the View tab.
5. Uncheck the Automatically search for network folders and
printers check box
6. Click Apply
7. Click OK
8. Reboot your computer
XP Speed Secret #5: Reduce Page File Size
1. Right-click My Computer, Select Properties
2. Click the Advanced tab
3. Click the Settings button under the Performance section
4. Click the Advanced tab
5. Under the Virtual
Memory section click
the Change button
6. "Virtual Memory"
dialogue box will appear
(also shown in the figure
7. Highlight the C: drive
containing page file
8. Select the Custom Size
radio button and give
same values in Initial
size and Maximum size
If you have less than 512MB
of memory, leave the page
file at its default size. If you
have 512MB or more, change the ratio to 1:1 page file size to
physical memory size.
9. Click Set, then OK buttons to apply the changes
10 اسرار لزيادة سرعة windows xp